After reviewing nearly 150 applications for everyday speakers and performers for the Women's March on Philadelphia 2018, we've finally been able to narrow it down to 12! The applications were so powerful and it really goes to show what incredible work and activism is happening here in the Philadelphia region. We are so proud of this community! Congratulations to these selected speakers and performers; we can't wait to hear from you on Saturday!
- Vashti Bandy - member of Tuesdays with Toomey, speaking about how “We Lead the Persistence”
- Jenny Entin - computer science student at U Penn, speaking about women in engineering
- Pauline Thompson Guerin - member of Philadelphia Veterans for Organization, speaking about veteran women and sexual assault
- Amy Gunzelman - 17 year old senior at Spring Grove HS, speaking about her persistence in her community
- Michele Leahy - speaking about “Gimp Gals are Here Too!”
- Jamie Perrapato - member of Turn PA Blue, speaking about “Getting More Democratic Women Elected to PA State House”
- Melissa Robbins - member of Emerge PA and NOW, Two Orgs where women are empowered to lead, speaking about “Staying Committed and Being the Change”
- Marguerite Sexton - performing her original public inspiration chant "We Are One"
- Daejah Vaughn - 15 year old spoken word poet
- Voices Rising Philadelphia - A community chorus of women & men committed to social justice & motivating people to resist --- to persist ---- to arise!
- Barbara Wittman - speaking about bullying and winning
Post a Comment