From us at Philly Women Rally: Signs/Posters are allowed but do not attach them to pickets/sticks.
** 1/18/2018: Please be advised the City has amended its verbiage regarding security at the Women’s March on Philadelphia 2018. Updated information pertaining to safety, security and/or policy can be found on the City’s press release HERE. **
From the City of Philadelphia:
"Due to the projected size and scope of the 2018 Women’s March on Philadelphia on January 20th, 2018, the City will be implementing some additional security measures in order to ensure the safety of all in attendance.
Event attendees can enter the march assembly area at Logan Circle at the following locations:
- 18th Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- 20th & Race Streets
- 20th & Vine Streets
Event attendees wishing to attend only the rally portion of the event may access Eakins Oval and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway at the following additional locations:
- 22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway (north and south sides)
- Pennsylvania Avenue & Spring Garden Street
- 25th Street & Kelly Drive
- Eakins Oval (south side, near 24th Street)
- Weapons and contraband of any kind (regardless of permitting, e.g. Right-to-Carry permits will not be honored and weapons will be confiscated)
- Fireworks or explosives
- Illegal or illicit substances of any kind
- Skateboards, motorized vehicles or scooters (excluding motorized wheelchairs or similar equipment)
- Laser pointers
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) & drones of any kind
In addition, the public should expect congestion in the area. If you are attending the event, make a plan regarding driving, public transit, parking, and supervision of children. Be prepared to wait to enter and exit the area. We recommend that attendees wear comfortable, weather-appropriate attire.
Leave no bags or items unattended. In an emergency or to report a suspicious person, activity or item (a backpack, a package, a container), notify a police officer immediately or call 9-1-1. Do not try to open, move, cover or touch a suspicious item."